Sunday, March 11, 2018

Your Hands

Your Hands by JJ Heller....  I discovered this song when my mom was dying. I listened to it over and over.  I love this song.   I was able to listen to it live last night. I got to hear JJ Heller explain the background to this song and explain how so many people had reached out to her to tell her how much they loved the song and how much it had related to their lives.
My heart started beating so fast in her explanation as I knew the moment was coming where I would get to hear her sing this for me... I never expected my response.  I sobbed... I trembled... I was brought right back to every emotion I felt around that time 8 short years ago. It hurt.  I could hardly breath.  It was so hard.
I sat as silent as I could, trying to really take in those few minutes and those flooding emotions.  I know I don’t do that often enough because it... is... hard...

But wow, it felt so good.  It was exactly what I needed.  Thank you God for guiding me there and surrounding me with those that love me.



No comments:

Post a Comment