Today marks 7 years.... while it seems so long ago it also feels like yesterday. I miss this women more than I thought I still would. I miss her voice, her laugh, her hands, her home cooked meals, her phone calls, her guidance, her love...
I had a great day today at home thinking of her all day. The music station played old country hymns that were exactly what I wanted to hear and were a constant reminder of her. I was able to reflect on my life and the things she has taught me.
* Remember others when they need help, bring a meal, mail a card. Be present.
* Speak your mind but know when to hold your tongue.
* It is ok to be vulnerable.
* Being a wife and a mom is a gift. Cook the meals, clean the mess, provide.
* Have fun and enjoy your life.
Through it all I have come away knowing more about myself, caring more for others, and creating deeper relationships. I am so thankful I wrote on this blog. I can truly say it was therapy as I would never have said these things out loud to anyone and it has also allowed me to remember moments amongst my grieving.
Thanks mom, I wish I would have told you that more.