Monday, March 25, 2013

Disneyland & 3 years in Heaven

Wow!  I have been unable to log into by blogger account for a couple of months and I have felt lost not being able to share on here and also in being able to keep up on daily writings of some of the people I like to follow on here.  But.... I'M BACK!  Yay!!

Disneyland-  At the end of Feb. we took a 6 day trip to Anaheim, CA with our kids, Kip's parents, and Chad, Kandi, Dakota, & Faith.  We had SO much fun!  This was my first time and also my boys' first time in Disneyland. It was so much more than I imagined and hoped.  I have many pictures but will only share a few.

 
They had no idea what to expect of their first airplane ride or Disneyland.  That made it so much more fun and special.

 

 
We LOVED CarsLand! 

 
This was the only picture we got of our whole group and obviously the random person taking the photo didn't do the best job. 

 
This was a huge highlight of our trip for me, not the best picture but I had to share.  We had just gotten off  California Screamin which we skipped the first time our group of riders hopped on.  I was horrified, (so was Kandi) of that rollercoaster but I did it, We did it!  We were so proud of us!  My mom loved rollercoasters and I thought of her the whole time.  She would have been so proud of me!
 
 
Moms 3rd Anniversary in Heaven-  Feb. 27 was my moms 3rd anniversary in Heaven and we just happened to be in "The Happiest Place on Earth".  I was reminded of her so many times during the day.  I was flooded with text & facebook messages from my loved ones back home but also I was reminded of her in the Park.  We were on "Soarin" and I was overwhelmed with the beauty of California and the sights we were seeing.  My mom loved California.  She was born there and as we were flying over many sights I just couldn't help but think of her.  I was brought to tears by the whole experience.

We also kept up our tradition of sending her a balloon with special messages.  The boys got to write her special things on this Mickey balloon that they knew she would LOVE.  They knew she would be excited to see this coming from Disneyland and feel really special to get a Mickey balloon.  It reminded me how much we miss her.  She should still be here to do these fun things with us!

 
We ended the night watching the World of Color.  That was so awesome and it even included a rainbow which I was waiting all day to see.   The rainbows seem to magically appear around special days for us and I was hoping she wouldn't let us down this time.  Along with a clear rainbow in the show the vibrant rainbow colors shown the entire show.  It was incredible!  Thanks mom...

No comments:

Post a Comment