Monday, March 26, 2012

Waves of Sadness "mom moment"

Its hard for me to put my feelings and thoughts into words but in days when I can't figure out how to express myself I need to get better about blogging it. This blog has been such a great outlet for me and it has been encouraging for me to be able to reflect back on this journey I call my life.

Today I feel sad. Today I can own the fact that I have felt waves of sadness numerous times.

I am sad and feeling sorry for myself because I miss my mom. I miss her presense in my life... I miss the love and warmth she poured into her home... I miss having a mother. Don't get me wrong, I feel this way all of the time but today it has just overwhelmed me, in a way that I just cannot shake. I feel breathless, melancholy in a way.

So many memories have come flooding into my thoughts. Memories can help me remember her in a way that I never want to forget and always treasure but on a day like today it just makes me feel worse. I realize that there are many times I do not put my thoughts into words because it hurts too much and I don't feel up to going there. I am really not as strong as I appear.

So there it is, tomorrow will be a better day....

4 comments:

  1. Thinking and praying for you today Kelli that you could have a sense of peace today... You are not alone and it's okay to not be strong, you are an amazing person, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelli, I wish I could help. All I can do is pray, pray, pray. I am so sorry you had to lose such a wonderful mother, it just isn't fair. Treasure those memories, even though they hurt I am glad you have many good times to look back upon. Hang in there. Lots of love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's ok to be sad and mad whenever you want, never apologize for that. you are passionate, loving, and honest

    <3 u lots

    ReplyDelete