Sunday, February 26, 2012

I hope you dance.... & Heaven... "mom moment"

Years ago my mom gave me a little book titled, I hope you dance. She wrote this on the first page:

T0: Kelli
From: Mom
Why: Because this is what I really want for you! :) October 2, 2004.

The pages contain lyrics to the song and then a deeper meaning for individual words, along with little sayings and quotes. LeeAnn Womack writes a passage that says "When I heard the lyric of "I hope you dance" the first time, my children came to mind immediately. These are the things I want for them in life... I remember thinking, "If they understand the meaning of this lyric when they're grown, I'll have done my job as their mother".

The last page says this: If tomorrow you wake up feeling unoriginal or frail-hearted or faithless or tired of this world, please, pick up this book and start back at page one. (Or just call me.)

This song had changed so much for me after receiving this from my mom. I put this book away for YEARS not able to look at it, now it is one of my most favored posessions from her. I understand exactly why she gave it to me and I love every word of the book and it speak straight from her heart to mine. Thanks mom...

HEAVEN (n.): (1) a place somehow high above the clouds, yet deep inside your soul; (2) a place of complete peace, of total and utter happiness; (3) a place that is greater than the sum of everything you will ever be or could ever imagine to be; (4) a place we all want to get to, but just not yet...

I love to think of Heaven, what it is like to enter it. I think so often of moms first moments in such a place. The peace she must have felt after her battle here. What peace she must have felt... I picture her face beautiful and healthy, youthful and untouched. What Glory she is a part of.

Tomorrow marks 2 years since losing mom and it still hurts to think of life without her but it has gotten easier and I am so thankful for that. I have read back through my blog posts since mom died and while all my emotions feel the same as before they have changed and my future seems brighter. I have HOPE. Not a day goes by that I don't thank my Heavenly Father for carrying me when I needed to be carried and being with me EVERYDAY.

He has given me so many blessings to be thankful for and so many people to surround me in my darkest days. Thank you to those who have stood by my side, carried me, guided me, prayed for me, and loved me through all the tough times. Sometimes when I didn't think they would be tough.

I can not wait to see my mom again. Of course I am not ready to leave this earth and only He knows when my time will come but man, when I am on my way, I will be running faster than I ever have, straight to her there waiting for me...

I love you mom and miss you like crazy, EVERYDAY! Here is to many more days and moments remembering you.... Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love imagining what she is experiencing there in heaven...and can't wait to see her again!! I think HOPE is something that she would want us all to have, especially since she can't be here with us on earth...that is what makes us dance :) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelli, you seem to make me cry every time I read your blog! I do love reading it still. =) What a priceless gift from your mom.

    ReplyDelete