Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weekend for My Mom

Yet another post about mom... seems like that is the only thing I have to talk about these days. There really is a lot going on in our lives besides the grieving. We are super busy with school, work, and now soccer. I don't think I am really this drab everyday (at least I hope not) but find I can easily talk about her on here.



Moms 60th birthday was yesterday and now today, Mothers Day. Funny how last year, this year, and next year the 2 days fall on the same weekend. We went to moms grave yesterday and sang "Happy Birthday", sent her messages on balloons, and left flowers and these little bird things that we found. My mom loved birds. She seemed to be watching them all the time in her backyard and she has left that legacy with my boys. They remember her loving birds, especially blue birds (says Kobe).
While I can't celebrate either of these 2 days with her physically on earth. I have been thinking about her and celebrating her in my heart all weekend. It is STILL unbelievable to me that someone so young and beautiful is already in Heaven. I can't even tell you how much I miss her...


My girlfriend sent me this quote this morning. I LOVE it!


"I am fooling only myself when I say that my mother exists now only in the photographs on my bulletin board or in the outline of my hand or in the armful of memories I still hold tight. She lives on beneath everything I do. Her presence influenced who I was, and her absence influences who I am. Our lives are shaped as much by those who leave us as they are by those who stay. Loss is our legacy. Insight is our gift. Memory is our guide."

No comments:

Post a Comment