Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Jax

Crazy to say it but my baby turned 3 today. I can hardly believe that my little guy is this old already. It really does seem like it was just yesterday when we brought him home from the hospital and he joined his brothers who were 3 1/2 and 2 at the time.



This little guy has gotten me through so many tough times. Since he was 6 months old I feel like we have had to deal with so many hard things. He has been able to bring a smile to my face with his sweet sweet personality and his overwhelming hugs and kisses. He has brought such joy to my life and despite my focus being elsewhere at times he remains steadfast in his love for me.



Today we celebrated with donuts for breakfast. The boys have really started to love this tradition and it sure makes for an easy morning for me. We had Jax's birthday party last Sunday and he received so many great toys and things that are all his. How fun for him to finally get things of his own and not hand me downs.


Jax was in a funny mood on Sunday and was very shy and bashful with all of the family over. He allowed Trey to open all of his presents and had a hard time as we sang Happy Birthday to him (most likely due to the fact that he just fell over in the middle of the song and landed on his face on the kitchen floor).


I love to look back on pictures from only a couple of years ago. The boys have grown up so much!





And of course I had to include one of my favorite pictures of Jax and my mom. He was only 4 days old here. She was always so helpful with my kids especially right after I had them. She just loved babies. Here she had just finished bathing him, I remember the day really clearly. I know mom celebrated him in Heaven today. This morning as we were getting ready I noticed the sun was shining out my front window but that it was also raining, we looked out our back window and noticed a huge rainbow right above the trees behind us. The kids were absolutely elated that nana sent that present for Jax. It was so special to them which of course made my day. Crazy how things work out sometimes...

1 comment:

  1. So sweet, love all the pictures and love that your mom sent a special rainbow for Jax! I know you don't like the attention Jax but Happy Bday again, you are such a little cutey and I love that you bring your mom and your whole family so much happiness!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete