Friday, September 21, 2012

8 years of Motherhood

Am I really old enough to have an 8 year old?  Wow!.... Time sure flies. 
 
8 years ago today I was blessed with my first son Kobe and what a ride it has been since then.  I can remember the moment I saw him for the first time like it was yesterday.  I was, to my surprise, completely and uncontrollably overwhelmed with emotion and love the very first instant he arrived.   
 

Kobe has grown up to be such a great kid (all moms think that of their sons I am sure :) )  I could not be prouder of him and who he is becoming.  Kobe is sweet, caring, smart, handsome ;), and the best helper ever!

He loves to play football, basketball, baseball, and soccer.  He learned to wakeboard this summer and can also kneeboard.  He can now say he is a cliff jumper off of a 20ft cliff.  He is a great reader, speller, and mathematician.  He loves to play with his friends and brothers.  He enjoys legos, animals, 4 wheelers, and anything boy.  He has become a "Lynden Lion" at heart and a big Husky fan.

 
It makes me so sad that my moms "little lovey" is growing into such great kid and my mom is not a part of it.  He misses her so much and talks about her a lot still.  Their special bond still lives in his heart and that makes me smile.

While raising these boys into fine young men can give me much anxieties, I have been reminded numerous times just in the past 3 days of God's promise to me as their mother:

Don't worry about anything; Instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  If you do this, you will experience God's Peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.  His Peace will guard your hearts and  minds as you live in Jesus Christ. - Philippians 4:6-7.

Happy 8th Birthday to a boy who has stolen my heart and changed me forever! 

2 comments: